"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Thursday 31 May 2012

Nitpicking In The Real Sense Of The Word.

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "A Budget Rant":

"Her critic's..."

There's one of those pesky, incorrectly-used apostrophes that so perturb grammarians. It should be "critics," as in plural, multiple - and there are many, even in the comments section of this blog.
*****************
Note that sly dig ."EVEN in the comments section of this blog."
It's eleven o'clock.
I should make a point of not reading  comments at this time of night. 
I am inclined to wonder how many " perturbed grammarians" are writing blogs people are inclined to read despite "pesky, incorrectly used apostrophes"

















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The comment was correct. There was only one individual who was pouring out criticism. Use of the singular was appropriate.

Anonymous said...

Do you honestly believe, 7:51, that the anonymous comments that get published that are critical of Councillor Buck are submitted by one person alone? Because I can attest that that isn't the case.

Anonymous said...

I know that I am more than one person.....

Anonymous said...

Wow that was odd. I just wrote an very long comment but after I clicked submit my
comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that
over again. Anyhow, just wanted to say fantastic blog!


Take a look at my blog post; photographers jobs ()