Hot off the press. I got a Copy
AURORA FARMERS’ MARKET
CODE OF CONDUCT
Effective: February 11, 2012
The Aurora Farmers’ Market Vendors are expected to demonstrate proper business practices and appropriate decorum in group and individual behaviour when acting as a Vendor. All applicants are required to adhere to the conditions of the Code of Conduct upon acceptance of their application by the Aurora Farmers’ Market Executive Committee.
1. Vendors must demonstrate loyalty to the interests of the diverse community they serve which includes the Aurora Farmers’ Market Executive and the public.
1.1 This accountability supersedes any conflicting loyalty such as that to advocacy
or interest groups and membership on other boards, organizations or staffs.
2. Vendors must avoid any conflict of interest with respect to their responsibility by
3. Vendors’ interaction with the public, press or other entities may not speak on behalf of the Executive Committee or its members.
4. Vendors will exercise the necessary self discipline to conduct themselves and their staff with excellence. Such self discipline will apply to:
a) Attendance on Farmer Market dates that the Vendor has committed to
b) Being informed on upcoming events and initiatives of the Market
c) Respecting and adhering to the Aurora Farmers’ Market Constitution, By-laws and Policies
d) Endorsing the Executive Committee’s decisions
5. Vendors who have complaints regarding the Executive Committee, its’ decisions, Vendors or other Market matters, may submit their complaint to the Chair, Vice-chair or the Executive Committee as a whole, to be dealt with in a confidential, professional, timely manner.
6. Attendance on Farmer Market dates that the Vendor has applied and been accepted for is mandatory. If however, the Vendor is unable to attend one or more dates, the Vendor must inform the Chair or Vice-chair a minimum of 3 days prior to the affected Market date(s).
adhering to the regulations of the Aurora Farmers’ Market Constitution, its by-laws and policies.
2.1. There must be no slanderous or libellous actions against the Aurora Farmers’ Market Executive Committee members, individual Vendors, Applicants and Market as a whole.
2.2 Intimidation and/or bullying behaviour will not be tolerated and provides immediate grounds for removal of the offender for the balance of the Market season, as deemed necessary by the Executive Committee. A refund of Market Vendor fees will be calculated and reimbursed to the offender.