"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Thursday 30 September 2010

Something Else I Thought About

My first interview with Kevin MacDonald was a thorough discussion about everything that happened from the time the St Kitts woman came at the apparent invitation from the Mayor and dumped all kinds of unsubstantiated, unsupported allegations and accusations against  me  during  a Council Meeting.

My granddaughter was in the audience with school mates and parents and teachers, as winners of the Anti-Littering  Poster Contest.

Her sister Meghan  was a winner two years before. Now it was Hayley's turn. Rhonda, her mother was there.  Two of my sons, Hayley's Dad Andrew, and Uncle Frank were there to share  her moment and by the way, attending their  first Council meeting with Mother sitting as a Councillor. What they heard was their mother being abused  by the St. Kitts woman aided and abetted by the person with authority of the Mayor's chair.

The Mayor knew Hayley Buck was to be there with her peers.

When we reached the end of our discussion, Kevin MacDonald had a single question to ask.

The question was.... if you go forward with this action, Evelyn, what do you hope  to achieve ?

I put my head down to contemplate the question  and answered;

"People cannot be allowed to do this to other people.  I am  not  the only one. They have done so much harm to so many, who could not defend themselves. They can't  be allowed to keep on doing it. If a law suit is what it  takes to stop them. That's what needs to be"

I am not a person of means. Until now, I've used contributions and my council remuneration  to pay the freight. I may very well have to mortgage  my house to pay the rest. But if that's what it takes to keep  another person  subject to their power, from experiencing the same injustice , then that's how it will have  to be.

I thought  I should provide that explanation.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know for myself and my household, this was THE turning point. You could have heard a pin drop. With innocent children present and anxiously awaiting their big moment on what was to be a joyous occasion, the Mayor, who all the time was in the drivers seat and had every opportunity to STOP the tirade did not (at her convenience) until the proverbial cat was let out of the bag. That was a very telling moment.One would think maternal instinct should have kicked in with both of these women, but sadly it did not. This was not the time for such a sickening display. They should both hang their heads in deep shame! It is something I will NEVER forget!

Anonymous said...

And all you did was ask about the July First Parade and The Dream Team.

Anonymous said...

Let's see if Snowball Sher shows her face at the all candidate's meeting on Sunday.

Trespassers will be persecuted!

Anonymous said...

If not I'm sure she'll hit the media or blog radio like Tokyo Rose spewing her Morris propaganda!