"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Saturday 19 March 2011

Update on the Somewhat-Secret Lease with the Feds.

The town does have possession of the lease. The Freedom of Information applications goes to the Federal Department of National Defence. I do not know who informed the Clerk I could not have access to the information .

Our Mayor has filed a Freedom of Information application. So I don't have to.

I keep thinking of a very funny movie called "The Russians Are Coming".   I watch it each time it comes around and enjoy it more every time.

I do not suspect a fiendish plot. No-one I know is capable of masterminding such a thing.
Efforts at skulduggery  were usually puny affairs. Sooner or  later, somebody  spills  the beans
.
I believe honesty is the best policy. For politicians it is definitely the safest.

I think the lease to the Queen's York Rangers  was exactly how it was presented.  A last ditch desperate attempt to make the last administration look successful.

It didn't . Now it's coming back to haunt us.

No comments: