"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Sunday 18 September 2011

That' not what I said.

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Authority To Expel":

Nigel Kean said that Council debate was beneath contempt; it interfered with drinking time.

Did you find this humourous?

Was he a secret tippler or an outright souse?

From some of his ads and letters in the Auroran I could never be sure.

*******************


From what I know, he was a convivial fellow with his friends. He intended the remark as humorous I am sure.  I did not find it entertaining.

He seldom missed an opportunity to denigrate   a  Council debate   as "politics"

I did not intend to suggest drinking was excessive.

But, from my perspective, within the political arena, he was a mean spirited individual.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

On this lovely Sunday evening, let us all hope &
pray that Dear Nigel has finally put his election signs
in the garbage.

Anonymous said...

ROFLAO, Did you muck up his last name on
purpose ?

Anonymous said...

I don't know who called Nigel "dear" but whoever
it was torpedoed any chance of him getting elected.
Those who you would destroy you first portray as
ridiculous. She, and I think it was a she, did a
good job.