"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Thursday 8 September 2011

Scattered Thoughts

My mind is all over the place this morning with  things I want to tell ..

In the meantime, I've had laundry in the washing machine  for a couple of days waiting for the skies to clear.

I got rid of the dishwasher a few years ago  to make room for the  washing machine. I haven't used a dryer for many more years. I hang  the laundry out on a clothes line . In inclement weather , mostly  winter. there's enough heat in the house from the furnace to dry clothes overnight.

The laundry is going through a second  rinse and spin cycle to freshen it.  .I will probably have to do a second spin because I think there's an earring in the drain pipes  needs to be removed for the spin to work effectively.

It probably won't happen until the provincial election is finished because my  contractor daughter Heather will be working every day  in the election office until it's over.

After yesterday's  12.30 appointment which took longer than expected, I made it to the opening.

Afterwards, I went to Superstore  to get a couple of outside round roasts at a $1,95 a pound for Thankgiving family get- together. We have beef with gravy on a bun  in sufficient quantities to satisfy  the heartiest  appetites of men  women and children who universally enjoy the meal   because of arriving at  a house full of the smell of  roasting beef coated with a rub I learned from a cook show.

They are complete roasts in vacuum- packed seal. The beef stays moist in the roasting  and  flavour is enhanced when the roast is of sufficient size to take several hours of  medium  heat.  It's  Canadian beef.

Superstore had them advertised on  sale until September 8th. But yesterday, there was no sign of the offering. I asked. thinking I had made a mistake on the dates.  But, no. They didn't have any, they didn't say they had had any but they did say  they didn't know if they were going to have any.

It wasn't a fruitless trip . I bought some beautiful Ontario peaches A punnet of cherry tomatoes.
And a bag of grapefruit the size of large oranges.

No beef.

But never mind , I'm sure I'll find  some  before Thanksgiving.

Now I have to go and turn the knob of the washing machine for a second spin.

When it's done and  hung out wherever, and I've read the agenda for to-night's economic development committee meeting  I will return  and concentrate on a subject more serious.

That's the plan ..

No comments: