"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Monday 19 March 2012

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Nincompoopery":

Funny how I have not met ANYONE who will admit to voting for Ford???
*************
t would be funny if I had since most of the people I know don't vote in Toronto.

But the point made takes us back to the reason why people post anonymously.

People who vote are jealous of their right to a secret ballot.

They do not relish the prospect of political arguments.

Religion falls into the same category.

It is personal. It is individual, It is private.

It carries the potential of losing friends, alienating neighbours, antagonising employers, offending business clients. It is generally capable of disrupting the peace.
Most people crave peace in their homes,their jobs,their businesses and all the other important places in their lives.

If you are a candidate and ask who they plan to vote for,they will likely bring the conversation to an abrupt end. If you ask for their vote,they will politely decline to respond.

If they eagerly agree,chances are they have no intention of voting. They just want to get you off the doorstep and back to the football game on television.

Yesterday,I noted that Mayor Rob Ford didn't walk in the Gay Pride Parade. He said he had things to do with his children.

I said I would not walk in the Gay Pride Parade if I were the Mayor.

Now I'm being asked if I am anti-gay.

From what I have seen of the Gay Pride Parade on television, I imagine no self-respecting gay person would join that parade.

I wouldn't walk in a heterosexual parade that put on such a display. Who thinks of doing that.

Is nothing private any more?

Are leather encased genitals,, bare asses, dog collars with spikes,and whips acceptable for public viewing.

Call me what you like, you wouldn't catch me dead in a parade like that.

I think Julian Fantino, when he was Toronto Police Cheif and David Miller. when he was Mayor,and whatever other political figure who walks in that parade does it, not for fellowship, they do it for votes.

I would not do that.

No comments: