"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Wednesday 14 May 2014

The last word wasn't

I resolved to take a day off. Yesterday was frenetic. Two or more streams of thought  evolved running alongside each other.

I have washed the dishes ,wiped off stove and counter tops and swept the kitchen floor.

I can work on the computer without seeing the kitchen but  I feel better knowing it's tidy.

If someone knocks on the door I don't need to worry about their  impression of my lack of  organizational skills as a housekeeper.  Those  who come into my house without knocking  are already aware of  my housekeeping deficits. They don't care either.

I don't make coffee. Coffee is brought to me.

I resolved to have the last word on the Petch House yesterday Tim the Enchanter got a bit lippy.

Well it's my blog. If I didn't write it he would not be so well informed. I'm not about to let anyone push me around in my own blog.

He's not the boss of me.

Comments  turned positive after the "last word"  and I had to respond.

The troll under the bridge  who comes out regularly and sighs and yawns and complains about me and the blog being boring ,tedious, repetitious and non-factual came out again.

You would  think she would just stay under the f--ing  bridge  when  light  on a subject is obviously a problem for her.

Now  the words "rude , crass and unbecoming " will  be added to the list of my failings..  Narcissistic
is another favorite. Apparently there is no sense of self which is probably the reason no name is attached.

"If I don't tell, it means  you can't prove I'm real and you can't pin anything on me"

It's odd how the name of Christopher Watts upsets some. David Heard seems to have the same effect in quarters.Most communities  have room for personalities. Aurora does too. It just seems some people can't help getting knickers in a twist if  things don't stay carefully arranged  to create an exact picture of equanimity.


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ev....I love your Blog!!

Anonymous said...

There are a few buttons that set your creature off. The Centre, the Historical Society, the Heritage Heist and the south-east heritage grab are just the tip. I get a kick out of it ordering people, including yourself, around. Today somewhere it was demanding Mr Watts to put up or shut up. Like what is that ? An Anonymous is unable to issue orders - we are as substantial as wisps of smoke.

Anonymous said...

But, 14:27, mere "wisps of smoke" shouldn't prompt so much reaction. Apparently, as the saying goes, 'where there's smoke, there's fire.'

Anonymous said...

Hee, hee!!

CHRISTOPHER
has a NEW article !

Tim the Enchanter said...

Not lippy Ms. Buck.
Just frustrated.
As another poster mentioned, there was a time when you yourself wanted to ditch the Petch House.
But as you say, it's your blog and you have the right to the last word.

But I, and perhaps others, remain frustrated at the "Hey, we got the money, we may as well spend it" attitude that seems to serve as the Town's guiding fiscal policy.

And while I do find your blog informative it's not my sole source of information.
Chris Watts' blog is quite informative as well.
In particular, in my opinion at least, he's done good work on the goings-on regarding the AHS and the Cultural Centre.
On-line minutes from Town meetings can be useful as well although not the easiest to navigate.
Even the Auroran has the odd helpful bit from time to time.

Keep up the good work!




Anonymous said...

Mr Tim
I hope you will not insist on throwing out the baby with the bathwater. It might be that Petch is do-able in terms of getting Council to produce one positive project before the end of term. It is also financially viable and could be accomplished within the community, by people resident here and at a reasonable price. The Senior Centre idea has possibilities.
But, it is an election year and sanity seems to have fled the table. They might not agree on a single item.

Anonymous said...

Your troll loves to use big words to try to intimidate those who try to comment. There is seldom anything contributed except cold, analytical, text-book stuff. It happens sometimes that the switch for empathy is missing.

Anonymous said...

This was a day off ???? Wow !

Anonymous said...

Perhaps your troll could offer you some reason why he/she feels competent to advise you on how to handle your Blog ?

Anonymous said...

CHRISTOPHER


No there is nothing new there, just trying to help him reach the goal to get a new gold star.

Anonymous said...

...and maybe even a comment, 14:00?

Anonymous said...

14:00
But there is something new there...........