"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Saturday 17 May 2014

The Fight Is On

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Have a Great Day":

Your reputation isn't as a shrinking violet.

Posted by Anonymous to Our Town and Its Business at 16 May 2014 21:38


*********************

 Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Have a Great Day": 

"Cowardice asks the question..."

...has this comment been removed by a blog administrator?

Posted by Anonymous to Our Town and Its Business at 16 May 2014 21:44


************************

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Have a Great Day": 


I think that the last comment you left on your previous post was so wishy-washy as to be insulting to your faithful followers, and even those who aren't faithful.

You alone know your better self although it's not the one I have come to know and admire over the years.

But it's your blog and you control what appears on it.


Posted by Anonymous to Our Town and Its Business at 16 May 2014 22:24


***********************

I don't have to explain myself . I'm not sure  I can in a way that would satisfy the above commentary.

When I write  something, everyone knows .

When anonymous writes it, no-one does.

An anonymous writer is  not in a position to call someone else a coward, a shrinking violet or   wishy-washy.

We are at the beginning of a campaign.  As a candidate. I am  not in the habit of talking about what other candidates  have or don't have to offer. People don't want to hear that from a candidate.

I am in the  business  of  conveying my own ideas.

The immediate spate of reaction to Gallo's campaign declarations is  telling.

A blog  could be  started  as  an outlet for reaction. But it can't be mine.

Candidate Ballard recommends  only Gaertner  and Gallo to residents in need of help  who have difficulty reaching himself.

 It tells a lot about Ballard sensibility. Does  he need to borrow a shovel?

Did he learn from "the master" how to dig a hole so deep and so wide he  may never climb out ?

Gallo reminds voters of  abuse of various facilities and resources in the last term and his part in all of that.  T'were best forgotten. Does he sound like he needs  any help ?

I am  neither a coward, a shrinking violet nor wishy-washy. I am engaged in a calling I understand very well.

Calling me names will not induce me to do something that does not recommend itself .

Unless I join the Mayoralty contest, Dawe and Gallo must duke it out between themselves.





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let them have at it. They can get their own blogs for heaven's sake. The thing that strikes me is the financial cost to launching a challenge so early. So far the only political ad I have seen in the Auroran has been from the guy who accused that paper of running subliminal political ads. But the meter has to be running if the candidate is determined to stand out.

Anonymous said...

"We are at the beginning of a campaign. As a candidate. I am not in the habit of talking about what other candidates have or don't have to offer. People don't want to hear that from a candidate."

But, at present, you are not a registered candidate.

Anonymous said...

The twittersphere is very quiet once again. Methinks they are in a state of at least mild shock. Well done.

Anonymous said...

8:51
There is no need to be rude or nit-pick.
Bottom Line: It is Evelyn's Blog. Her call if you get " published ."

Anonymous said...

I think Canadian politics are becoming Americanized. No sooner is an election finished than the next one is being challenged. No one can convince me that Cllr Gaertner had a real enthusiasm for anything other than replacing those she saw as interlopers. It is tedious and unhelpful when it comes to dealing the daily business of the town.