"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Saturday 3 March 2012

I Misread A Phrase

My numbers are climbing rapidly. It may well be because of all the  the discussion. The comments are pouring in. I'm kept busy.

I received  discussion in three part  from Paul Sesto yesterday. Actually two of the three parts came in twice So that gave  me pause. I was going back in to see if I published them in order. So had to first find  the post they were responding too.

 I read that again and realized I had mis-read a phrase the fist time.

"The Triple Threat made their usual hash of things"

My mind was pre-occupied with what my three friends had done. I read them  as "the Triple Threat" and  argued they " don't usually make a hash of things"

This morning I realized they were not the "Triple Threat" referred to. The other confusing aspect was, I don't think of the three who "make a regular hash of things" as a threat. They remind us of what was.  It's  good to be reminded of what was. It makes us appreciate what is.

Well stuff  happens. here and elsewhere. Sorry. It is so convoluted, it might  be better to  let it be rather than try to correct it.

But the situation is sensitive. It's always sensitive when I criticize friends.

There would be no  credibility  in the blog if I only criticized enemies.

Of course, they may no longer be my friends because I criticized but that's a choice they have to make and a chance I have to take.

People  don't vote with me on the basis of friendship. Blog is, among other things,  an extension of debate.So it was never in the books that I would refrain from critique here.

I do not claim  blog is not biased. Of course it is. It's written by me, myself, alone. I don't  pretend to be impartial.I don't have to. It's not a newspaper. I don't  know why they have to pretend to be unbiased either unless it's because they want people to think they are pure and righteous and that's a crock.

They used to be able to get away with it. But not so much now.

Chew on that for a bit.

No comments: