"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Saturday 7 June 2014

A Good Sign......Or Not

I copied the e-mails in separate posts . I have tried copying more than one item into a single post before .  It proved to be problematic. Wrestling with nonsenical problems doesn't seem like a good use of time. So...I have simply done the simple thing.

Last night I indicated  I would copy  Councillor Abel's response. He stated it was inappropriate to be doing town business by e-mail and required me to remove him from  the list. Like he didn;t want to be tainted by association. 

No other Councillor has reacted  that way. It has occurred to me Councillor Abel  may have been unaware  I had sent the e-mails to the Clerk requesting they be added  to the agenda as late items on Tuesday.

Late  items are often added to the Agenda. A motion has to be  moved and seconded and approved. h

Procedure requires all items  for the agenda to be in the clerk's hands on Thursday ,I think by 4 o'clock.

Anyway, an e-mail  is merely a communication between parties. Nothing is exchanged  except information. No  town business is being conducted. Certainly no decisions.

I never write anything  I would be embarrassed to have read publicly.

There is always the opportunity to take pieces out of context. But my goodness, if a person is afraid of their own shadow, politics is not a comfortable pew. 

I am sharing the correspondence with you because it's not on the agenda and can't be before business hours in Monday. Maybe not even then.

Even if it is forwraded , none of it may be discussed. It entirely depends on goodwill from at least one Councillor. Since I regard all three ideas  are in the public interest ,I do hope  they will be discussed 
and acted upon. 

I think  it's in Council's interest to tie up  these loose ends before the end of the term. And maybe there are others.

I am hopeful my ideas  are shared.

I have not received any other negative response. 

That could be a good sign. Or nor

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bailed out on Cllrs Abel & Pirri when they did not second that last motion of yours to allow discussion at the table. It was their last chance with me. Now they will receive no special treatment from me in the next election....just another 2 candidates for the job. They might make the final cut or not depending upon all the names on the ballot.

Anonymous said...

It could work, Evelyn. I think it to be to the advantage of all the councillors to work at finishing up a few non-controversial items before the end of term. And if Rogers does not opt for a base-ball game or soccer match, the coverage should be good.

Anonymous said...

We won't know unless you try.
It is not like the Agenda for the week is crammed with goodies. It looks like stuff that Council would just " mail in " for all the attention required. Except for the Closed Session.