"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Sunday 8 June 2014

No organization required

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Readers":

I understand your point, Evelyn, but feel that it is a good thing that the community is not organized at the moment. That means that the entitleds are unable to find an easy target. They are hard pressed to come up with lists of those they find offensive when the supposed culprits are spread throughout the town. The down-side is that they can attack your Blog.
If a white knight or knightess or two should emerge, then there might be

Posted by Anonymous to Our Town and Its Business at 8 June 2014 12:53


*****************

Regular reference to the "silent majority"  continues . Politicians make the mistake of confusing  silence with acquiescence. or inattention.

I  have never  been silent. Since I came to Aurora I wrote letters to the editor. Because of the letters my constituency is the silent majority.

They did not choose silence They don't want an echo. They want to hear what they are thinking.

My role in Council has never been a mystery to me. Blog has  simply extended my reach.

There are not enough hours in the day to tell all you have a right to know.

But it's growing.  Commenters  contribute thoughtful opinions, information and research.

Chris Watts started his blog because I was blogging.   With all his expertise,
he was ashamed not to be doing what I was.

Love him or hate him, Christopher has a powerful voice. He has no fear.

His roots are deep in this community. I am a  successful transplant.

There are other blogs . How influential I don't know. I don't know if Aurora is ahead .

I am content  to be using . I think social media is the most significant  development in self-government since the right was established.

Everything I own is on the line to protect the right  to use it and make it available .

As I write .I am watching forms ,little more than children, move in a way that could never be imagined.

Yet they are doing it....before our very eyes.

We can try no less.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I quite enjoy listening to M. Ballard on his " years on council " & his being " Head of the EAC". He does not mention that he was not a councillor then.







I have already voted....Whoopee !

Anonymous said...

@18:24
Having trouble with your Visions again ?
Mr Watts is not an elected councillor / your jealousy is pathetic.