"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Friday 13 June 2014

No Refuge in a Recipe

Take refuge in a recipe.  I did that in the first column I wrote. It was a very simple thing with packages.it was aimed at mothers with a whole bunch of kids. Our neighbourhood was full of
 families.

But that wasn't  the reason   for finagling a column. And that story isn't the reason for this post.

I wrote the recipe because  I had no idea how to go about writing a weekly column. My leraning process was all there for everyone to witness.

I got a lot of help  and encouragement from the editor in politics as well.

I learned since. Most of it the hard way. With eye witnesses galore.

This morning I have a dilemma.

I  have described elections as celebration of our freedom.  Celebration does not come easily to mind  No reason to hope for change. Everything indicates more of the same.

That being said, the  riding elected Councillor Chris Ballard  as  the Honorable M.L.A.

There was real competition. The candidates  were well-matched. I did not watch the debates,

I am told he was best prepared,

He  is the people's choice. Chris Ballard won.

He is to be congratulated in victory.

We wish him well.

There will be no demeaning comments posted on the blog.




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not looking at the past. More a recipe of an old stew which I see in the making :
Gaertner, Gallo........& Granger ?
Good Grief !

Anonymous said...

You and your followers deserve better than this post.

Anonymous said...


It would be most gratifying and appropriate if a competent woman were appointed instead of turning to the list of incompetent losers, male.

KA-NON said...

I believe that this role is a better fit for Chris than that of councilor. Provincial politics is a party-oriented mechanism, as opposed to a local transaction-oriented system like municipal politics. I've no doubt that he will be a very effective member of the Liberal caucus, and that he will do (more than) his bit in whatever committees he is named to, to advance the Liberal agenda. Newmarket/Aurora voted Liberal, and Chris will be an effective contributor for the Liberals in Queens Park. This is NOT a role where day-to-day local issues are addressed, and individual positions taken. He'll be free from that, and it will do him, and us, no harm.

Anonymous said...

Moving right along here
The owner of that George Street residence listed for sale is to appear at the GC for what is likely the first of many times while he tries to get the town to stop telling him how to conduct his real estate affairs.
Shades of the tree saga.

Anonymous said...

I think everyone noticed today was Friday the 13th. No point in belabouring the subject.