"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Friday 6 June 2014

Tomorrow.

I have  forwarded three e=mails to all members of Council. I sent copies to the Clerk asking for them to be included as late items on  tuesday's agenda,

One is  asking Council's consideration to complete the petch House  and advertise a short term lease.
I;ve included ithe idea about the wedding chapel.

One   went over the work  done to award a contract for an all season facility the taxpayers wouldn't have to pay for.

One was a motion to direct the Mayor to reach out to the United Church Congregation to talk about mutual plans in the historic core of the town. It would need a waiver of the procedure bylaw to get on the table without notice  and a wait of several weeks. Procedure allows for  waiver.It has been done.

I have received my first response. two from Councillor Abel.

Don't copy me on any more of this improper communication between Council members.

I will copy my e-mails . I will copy  the Councillor's response.

But not to-night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe they've already have promised the Petch house to some other entitled group. Wouldn't that be something?

Anonymous said...

What a busy day you had. From the ridiculous of town politics to the sublime of art. Enjoy your weekend, E.

Anonymous said...

The Globe is full of raw meat this morning. The Mike Duffy mess is back & the Liberals are taking a pasting over bailing out that real estate fiasco.