"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Friday 7 March 2014

Will you walk into my parlor,said te spider to the fly

If it's not already clear I should indicate I do take poetic licence on occasion simply  to elaborate on a theme.

I make no apology .

I want  the blog to be read and speculation has  a place . As it would in  any  casual conversation
about politics.

So.....when I say I think the Mayot's campaign organisation has determined a strategy ,of course I do not know that as a fact. Obviously  I am not a member of the Mayor's campaign organisation and I don't know who is.

How would I know that?

I do know  those who benefited from  funds handed out liberally  and  favourable decisions for special interest groups  during the  term are  likely to be ,at least loosely, campaign supporters of the Mayor.

Also  a pattern of  comments received lately disclose an effort afoot to discredit the blog  as nothing more than an opinion piece full of lies and inuendo.

Well...you know .. a body needs to  defend herself.,,, using  whatever means  available.

All's fair in love and politics.

Over the years, I have collected a few scars. It should surprise no-one that I'm willing to inflict a few

The  Mayor  misuses his authority on a regular basis in Council.

I have too much respect for the office and the institution to get down and dirty during a Council meeting.

I have advised him  calmly, "if you do not allow me to say  what I have to say here, I have other options."

And Indeed I have.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish the man were not so defensive. It wouldn't hurt to answer a few questions in private once in a while to prevent misunderstandings. Even Cllr Thompson has increased the # of times when he complains about a lack of adequate information & he seems to be more in the Mayor's loop than anyone else.

Anonymous said...

Councillor Thompson never has enough information. He said this week on some issue that 4 pages weren't enough for him. He wanted more pages.

Anonymous said...

We might not know who is working on his campaign, But we can start at the other end and eliminate those we know would not be on board.

Anonymous said...

Buck for mayor

Anonymous said...

Of the original slate, I think he will share resources only with Cllr Thompson. Perhaps Humfryes as she has gone along nicely with him.

Buh-bye said...

I would love to see that election sign, 09:15.

Anonymous said...

Cllr Ballard gets his nomination on the 19th. He will not longer be taking any on-going responsibility for Council decisions.

Sticks and Stones said...

thank god at least we get rid of Ballard!!!! And why is everyone else waiting to register ... seems like game play to me!

Anonymous said...

11:27
He has just moved into a different play-ground. It is all just a game to him.
As to your question, why would anyone rush to register ? Let the current Council self-distruct. They are all involved in spending money stupidly. There is no rush

Sticks and Stones said...

13:55 agreed - but - I would like as much time as possible to get to know the people I am being asked to chose from ......