"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Thursday 20 December 2012

It's About Keeping My Word. Upholding my Oath of Office

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Update on The Museum's Rightful Place.": 
"I also want you to know I am not unmindful of the impact of all this discussion on board staff .
They are not a target.
Neither is the board."

That's nice, a sniper with a conscience...
*******************
No, just a politician who doesn't forget I was elected to  look after the  whol community's interest.
To  treat people with equity and fairness. 
To exercises the judgement  they know to expect. 
To follow the principles publicly espoused by the municipality.  
To be able to look voters  in the eye and say, I may not always have pleased you but I did my best to be fair.
I wasn't trying to please all the people all of the time.
Because it's not possible 
And it's not honest.
Next Year, The Museum    

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your complainant is playing the Dumb Card. No one have ever gone after the staff of the Centre - ever. EVER. Snark is having a busy day - doesn't like a damn thing or person on the busy Blog.