"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Tuesday 18 December 2012

Stupidity and Cupidity Go Hand In Hand

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "A Good Thing AYSC": 
You still haven't corrected the impression you shared of the Seniors' Centre financials.
************
This must be  the fourth time  figures given  as cost to the town of operating the Seniors Centre are challenged.
When I ask a straight question of staff  and receive a  straight answer, I am not inclined to challenge it.
If I know it's not true, like green trucks cost more than white to buy, I will  challenge it.
When I receive an additional report offering several  more equally nonfactual arguments for not buying green trucks, I will persist in the challenge. 
I will not attempt subtlety. Je n'accuse pas.The evidence is on the record bearing two significant signatures. 
Cameras are runningPeople who sent me to Council  are watching The drama will  be played out for their benefit, with  fault lines and jagged edges  to the inevitable conclusion.   
We  live in a time when people can see for themselves much of what transpires. 
They are not dependent upon reports from the front. They are at the front. 
When a staff report is challenged for accuracy by a Councillor, they see and hear the logic.
When the challenging Councillor  is undermined by other Councillors by praise  lavished on  staff  who proferred inaccuracy as fact,they can see and hear that too.
If the implications are missed. Or need  play by play analysis like Don Cherry provides hockey fans They will get that too. 
If  not here, in this blog,  in plain and simple terms, in Chris Watts blog in stronger terms. 
There is no escape. ChrisWatts takes no prisoners. 
It is the joy of my life to strip away the many and varied  layers of stupidity and cupidity that permeate politics at all levels in every field.
My main focus  happens to be here in Aurora. 
But I digress .  
Staff and maintenance of  any public facility are the cost of operating the facility. 
The  poster above  insists these  costs, are additional and  must be added and that I need to correct the ones I gave.
To  the poster with  the mantra, if you  think you know something I don't, then put up or shut up.
Or future comments will go the way of the gooney bird.
Along with  those I receive from  the unfortunate ones who have nothing better  to do with their lives but read a blog they dislike intensely and respond to it with  equally intense bitchiness.
  
 .  

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Staff and maintenance of any public facility are the cost of operating the facility."

Yet, you always add the cost of maintenance at the Church Street School.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of "put up or shut up": I expect to see Mr Watts' name on the 2014 ballot.

Anonymous said...

Shades of Mr Water Loss. I hadn't known before that guys threw hissy-fits. The sight of the offended parties storming from the Council table was hugely entertaining . Don't suppose you ever got an apology onto the record either.

Anonymous said...

There is a track record of errors. To give credit where it is due, Councillor Gallo spotted a large duplication of expenses in the Bloomington construction paper work.
And I still don't understand the problem with the last audit. So your concern for accuracy is understandable.

Anonymous said...

"If I know it's not true, like green trucks cost more than white to buy."

This may be true, but I challenge you to prove that green trucks cost less or the same to operate than white. In the summer with the sun beating down on them, the A/C system in the trucks will use more fuel in a dark green truck than a white truck.

Did you ever think of that?

Anonymous said...

11:56 AM
Why would you have such an expectation? Is it not a mite early? If not, then perhaps I can expect to see YOUR name on that ballot....again?