"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Friday 14 December 2012

The Beat Goes On

Every time I think I've finished  production for the day, another piece of information comes forward I am compelled to share.
Earlier in the day, I thought it would be relevant to provide  numbers of people on the Culture Centre Board. how they are appointed, selected, recruited or what and if there is an association of members. 
The number of st aff empooyed also seemed like arelevant factorfor the  space available to be programmed. 
I sent an e-mail to the  Direcor at the centre. 
Received a response informing me of being out of the office. Providing a telephone number to obtain information required. 
Called the number. Identified myself. Stated my  queries. Placed  on hold. 
Advised to send an e-mail to Info at theCulture Centre stating my inquiry. Whereupon my  e-mail would be referred to the Culture Centre  Board for consideration of a response.      

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Over there they call that ' transparency '. Which, of course it is not.

Anonymous said...

Whoa! You have laid it all out for those who will make the effort and follow through. May I suggest that you try to take a day or so off ? Just pop in every so often in order to repel boarders? The weekend looms with its pile of seasonal little chores. Take a break - please.

Anonymous said...

Almost as bad as having to wait outside the clerks office until the official statement is prepared , be a lot more simple if they just gave you the facts